Saturday, May 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins


I saw this recipe on one of my friends food blogs and it's been tempting me for weeks. Earlier this week I had a few minutes before I needed to start cooking dinner so I decided to make a batch. When I say a few minutes, literally, that's all it takes. They are super quick and easy, and a wonderful treat to pull out of the oven 20 minutes later!

The original recipe came from Annie's Eats, but here it is:

Ingredients

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
½ cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
¾ cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth.


Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin tins, filling each to the top.


4. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.



* I forgot to put in the sugar until the end and didn't have enough so I probably used only about 1/2 of the sugar the recipe calls for. I liked them a lot and didn't think they needed the added sugar (I don't feel as guilty eating them any time of day the way I made them). They would be a good dessert (peanut butter cookie imitation) if you added more sugar and sprinkle some sugar on top before cooking.*

No comments:

Post a Comment